The Indian Institute of Foreign trade or the IIFT is one of the highly ranked Business school in India. It conducts its own entrance exam for admitting candidates into its flagship MBA in International Business program. IIFT registrations will complete by the month of September every year and the IIFT exam date will tentatively fall in the month of December. The exams are conducted through pen and paper mode.
IIFT is a deemed to be University and is linked closely with the Ministry of Commerce. It is one of the top management institutes in India and is awarded A grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Let us discuss its registration process, eligibility criteria, and selection procedures in detail here.
Applying for IIFT exams:
Interested candidate can proceed with IIFT registration by filling an application form in both online and offline mode. For applying online, candidates have to visit the official page of IIFT, fill in the details and submit the form in online mode only. For applying offline, candidates have to buy the IIFT prospectus, fill in the form and submit the duly filled form along with the prescribed documents. The payment for the application is INR 1650.
IIFT exam pattern:
The IIFT exam date for MBA entrance will be conducted in December. The exam pattern is distinct and is conducted in paper and pen format. The exam is conducted for 120 minutes and tests the aptitude of the candidate through 120 standardized questions. The syllabus and the pattern of the question paper are communicated to the candidate well before the IIFT exam date.
It is compulsory to reach the exam center by 9 am with the IIFT admit card and any one of the identity proof such as Aadhar card, identity card, etc. Candidates appearing for IIFT will have to take the exam from Delhi or Kolkata Campus. The candidates can download their IIFT admit card from the IIFT official website and fill in their IIFT registration number and password. After downloading, candidates can take a print out of the admit card.
Eligibility for IIFT exam:
To complete the IIFT registration and to apply for the MBA (IB) program, the candidate has to have the following qualifications
- The candidate should have a recognized Bachelor’s degree for a minimum of 3 years’ duration with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Final year graduates can also apply for the program provided their course gets completed by the month of October.
- No prior work experience is necessary for IIFT registration and examination.
- Candidates have to submit all information pertaining to their educational qualification, identity, and age during the registration process, and the same will be communicated in the IIFT admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without the IIFT admit card.
The IIFT exam date falls in December each year and the results will be announced by January. Based on the exam results and cut off marks, IIFT Delhi shortlists candidates for the further selection process. Candidates who meet the selection criteria are put under the following selection rounds before their admission into IIFT. Candidates are expected to retain their IIFT admit card throughout the selection process.
- Written test: Candidates are called for the written tests comprising of MCQs and are then shortlisted based on their exam performance and cut off marks.
- Essay writing: Candidates are asked to write an essay or answer a comprehension to test the understanding capability of the candidate. After this round, students will be asked to appear for GD and personal interview rounds.
- Group Discussion a personal interview: The shortlisted candidates have to appear for two levels of GD and PI and the student’s verbal communication skills, negotiation skills, and managerial skills are assessed in these rounds.
Based on the marks in these selection rounds and the reservation policies of the government, IIFT allots seats to candidates in different categories such as General, OBC, SC, ST, and PH.
IIFT is a renowned institution of national importance and offers an MBA in international business in only four of its campus located in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada. Candidates have to excel in the IIFT entrance test with good cut off to gain admission into this prestigious institution.